Rudder Capital Corp. Reports Significant Savings from Deployment of Creative Vistas' OSS-IM View Business Intelligence Software
Broadband Service Provider Says It Has Cut Costs $175,000 in Six Months and Projects Full-Year Savings of $400,000, Plus Higher Customer Satisfaction
Creative Vistas today announced early results from Rudder’s deployment of Creative Vistas’ OSS-IM View field services and business intelligence (BI) software.
The companies said the deployment, which began six months ago, has already saved Rudder $175,000. In addition, by using the software, Rudder’s charge-backs and lost equipment costs have been reduced sharply from 14 percent of revenue to a range of three to four percent. Other benefits include improved resource and asset management, increased financial control, improved dispatch and risk management and higher customer satisfaction.
For the first full year using OSS-IM View, Rudder now projects overall savings of $400,000.
“Since deploying OSS-IM View across our operations, we’ve experienced a marked improvement in workflow that is allowing us to better protect our revenue in a tight economy,” said Patrick J. Engels, president of Rudder Capital. “While it’s still early to say what the full savings will be, we have already been able to reduce administrative overhead and improve productivity. We now have a detailed, real-time view into all cost-impacting aspects of our business. The software and business intelligence has allowed us to improve quality and increase customer satisfaction while reducing costs.”
Dominic Burns, CEO of Creative Vistas, said, “Since developing this software nearly five years ago, we’ve known that its potential to substantially help the field services industry was strong. With the release of these savings figures from Rudder Capital, the model is ready for wider deployment as we continue to prove its abilities. We look forward to replicating this model across other leaders in the space to help them sustain their subscriber model in today’s tough economic climate.”
About OSS-IM View
Creative Vistas’ OSS-IM View software is a next-generation business intelligence tool that manages data from over a million multi-faceted transactions for large field-services customers. Wireless and Web-enabled, the software provides automated intelligent decision-making for managing customer transactions, vehicles, technicians, supply chains, HR-related functions and other activities. It automates and reports on virtually every aspect throughout the supply/delivery chain.
The OSS-IM View software and service package includes:
- Web-based access with real-time data feeds, allowing remote locations to access and utilize the same information, data and reporting and enabling an entire company to use the same information at the same time.
- Flexible data and information management providing standard or customized data ties in to all levels of operational data – from company-wide down to an individual employee/technician level.
- “Exception-based” reporting that allows management to quickly zero in on areas for attention.
- The “Webtracker” proprietary web-based system specializing in field services and mobile workforce management.
- An automated end-to-end operational support suite, fully integrated with all technology platforms (including GPS, PDA and laptop).
- Business intelligence and analytics, including high-level balanced scorecards through branch/divisional reporting, right down to detailed employee report cards. OSS-IM View also provides trending and analyses with root-cause analysis at the push of a button.
- E-Support, including Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for residential and commercial customers, with over-the-phone remote diagnostics for home computers and networks.
- Project Management and Management Consulting as well as custom programming.
- Fully integrated front end E-Commerce Transaction portal.
- Call Center with inbound and outbound customer service, sales and technical support.
- Onsite or remote managed services and commercial technical support, including Web hosting and hosted solutions.
For additional information on OSS-IM View, please visit: www.ossimview.com.
About Rudder Capital
Rudder Capital is a leading North American provider of implementation, rollout and deployment of satellite and broadband services. From single project to national rollouts, Rudder For Business offers a comprehensive lineup of services, including digital media rollout/installations, large technology deployments, audio/video projects, IP (Internet Protocol) projects and deployments, content-based services, and related business technology services through a national base of channel partners and regional offices. Rudder Home Services also provides installation and service for the full lineup of DirecTV, home security, and other services and products to single-family homes. FTTH Communications, a Rudder company, is a 100% Fiber To The Home provider of phone, Internet and Video Content Services to homes and businesses in Rosemount, MN.
About Creative Vistas
Creative Vistas, Inc. (OTCBB: CVAS - News) is a leading provider of security-related technologies and systems. It also provisions the deployment of broadband services. Operating through its wholly-owned subsidiaries AC Technical Systems Ltd. and Iview Digital Video Solutions Inc., it offers proprietary and non-proprietary technologies to the integrated electronic security and surveillance market. Its systems are used by numerous high-profile clients including government, school boards, retail outlets, banks and hospitals. Through its subsidiary DependableHomeTech, the Company provisions the deployment and servicing of broadband technologies to the commercial and residential market. Creative Vistas is based in Ontario, Canada.
Forward-Looking Statements: Statements about the Companies’ future expectations, including future revenues and earnings, and all other statements in this press release other than historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and as the term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The Companies’ actual results could differ materially from expected results for reasons described from time to time in the Companies’ public filings. The Companies undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect subsequently occurring events.